How We Get It Done

Today, top on the list was cleaning my house. Beautiful sunbeams have been streaming through the windows, illuminating about 10+ days' worth of dust, because my usual housecleaning schedule somehow didn't happen last week. (I have an excuse. My vacuum has been in the shop for a tune-up for two weeks now, because a) these people are clearly in a hurry to call me and tell me it's ready, and b) I'm clearly in a hurry to call them and bug them so I can get it back. 😏 But since most of my cleanup work is dusting and mopping, this excuse really does not muster.)

So what have I done today? I cycled laundry, and made breakfast for my kids, and sat with my coffee and crocheted two short rows of my current project (which has a deadline, because I need to wear it to my BIL's wedding—this is not idle frittering, don't judge; besides, sitting STILL and QUIET with one's coffee is half the benefit). I placed a couple of necessary online orders, and had a conversation with P about French verbs, and checked up on the finances.

I made breakfast for myself (and MORE breakfast for my kids), and discussed math with E, and had a conversation with P about colors and adjective/noun agreement (in French), and dusted the upstairs. I researched some songs for my next group fitness playlist, and discussed history with E, and dusted the downstairs, and was accosted by L about more food. (??)

I cleaned off the stove, and started bean dip, and had a conversation with P (in French) about our cats, and wiped down the kitchen cabinets, and served bean dip, and had a conversation with P (in French) about what he's wearing. (It involves a lot of the adjective noir, and offered multiple opportunities to demonstrate noun/adjective agreement in all possible combinations of gender and number. He has to take a placement exam for French 2 for next fall, but he's only 2/3 of the way through French 1, so some of what he's supposed to know for the placement test he doesn't know yet; although he would, if he were taking the exam at the end of French 1. What is with this silly system where you have to register in late winter for next fall's courses? Hence a surplus of conversations in French right now.)

 
We've used up so much of the board, poor Jerald's computer got erased.

And then I sent P and E out to the trampoline and sat down to blog.

I'm very busy doing very important things and I'm totally not procrastinating because I don't WANT to clean my house. Not at all.

And I totally do not NOT want to gear up and drive to Costco and purchase a rotisserie chicken and salad for dinner, because I am a spoiled, first-world mom who has the luxury of having a family meal handed to her off a spit. (In about three months I can send L to do this all by himself. 😃🎉)

Sigh.

I have to go mop now.

But at least the house is already decluttered, Miz Buni, so it LOOKS clean, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epic

My Caterpillar

Win, win...